Monday, August 31, 2009

US Mormons on Immigration

This recent post by Jerry Johnston in Mormon Times caught my attention.


These stories are tragic but I am afraid that I disagree with Brother Johnston. I learned the 12th Article of Faith those many years ago and I have been answering temple recommend questions for many years on the same subject.

Honesty is the best policy.

I am a big fan of liberal legal immigration but I am totally opposed to illegal immigration.

There have been comments that suggest some of the brethren want to look the other way on it but my answer is say this at your peril. Teaching disrespect for proper authority is insdious and has bad effects.

I have seen what tolerance for illegal immigration does in local units of the church and it isn't Kingdom building.


No comments:

Post a Comment